We serve as a resource for our community to help those with special needs receive access to dental care, including those with physical, medical or cognitive challenges. Sixty percent of our patients are referred by health care providers with whom we work closely to administer care. These providers include dentists, physicians, care managers, and social workers. We are dedicated to being a resource for all health care providers, and we welcome your referral.
The following case studies offer our solutions to challenging dental cases.
- JT, a New Yorker in her 70’s, became bedridden and not able to see a dentist for several years. When she developed an abscess and chipped a front tooth, she grew desperate to arrange for care.
- House Call Dentists is fulfilling a major service to a segment of the population traditionally underserved or not served at all – and they are doing it with compassion, dignity and a superb level of excellence.
- Mrs. Delores Taylor is a 91-year-old woman with a complex medical history that includes atrial fibrillation, orthostasis, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, hypothyroidism, major depressive disorder and generalized pain.
- House Call Dentists offered the only viable option for a senior who has both physical and emotional barriers to leaving the house. They took the time to understand her personality and elicited her cooperation by making her feel safe and able to comfortably tolerate all the work. They even trained the home health aides regarding aftercare and maintenance. It is a rarity to have access to this expertise in the home environment.
- Mandy Robbins lives in New Mexico. She has profound autism and a history of seizures. As Mandy’s permanent teeth came in, she developed hypoplastic dominate Amelogenesis Imperfecta.
- There are but a handful of dentists who have the expertise to perform complex full-mouth rehabilitation under general anesthesia. [Mandy] had one of the most severe cases of anomalous dentition that I have observed in my twenty-five years of special care practice. Because there was no one in my area who could treat her, I felt fortunate to be able to refer this patient to Dr. Blende.
- Betty Kouns suffers from late-stage Alzheimer’s and as a result, significant tooth decay and gum disease. The Blende team not only restored Betty’s mouth to a healthy state, but witnessed a significant improvement in her overall health and quality of life.
- Blende Dental Group was by far the most professional and courteous team I spoke to. You could sense that special needs dentistry wasn’t just a job, but that they were truly passionate about the health and well-being of their patients.